A 30-year-old construction worker was killed while working in a neighborhood in Ohio last week after being electrocuted by a power line pole.
The man and two co-workers were using a metal pole for a scaffolding project on a home in the neighborhood. One of the men climbed to the roof of the home while the 30-year-old and another man held the metal pole on the ground. A strong gust of wind then threw the pole into a nearby power line, with the men still holding on. Both men were electrocuted instantly and rushed to the hospital.
The 30-year-old man was pronounced dead on arrival, while his co-worker suffered serious burns all over his body. OSHA is currently conducting an investigation into the accident.