Nick received his law degree cum laude from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law in 2012. During law school, Nick was an articles editor for The Urban Lawyer, interned for the Honorable Ortrie D. Smith for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri and was a member of the UMKC Law Review. Nick clerked for Strong Law, in 2011 before joining as an attorney in 2012. He became a shareholder in 2017.
Prior to law school, Nick did his undergraduate studies at Southwest Baptist University where he graduated magna cum laude in 2008. He received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration. While at Southwest Baptist, Nick played football where his senior year he set the NCAA all-division record for receptions in a season. He was inducted into the SBU Athletics Hall of Fame in 2014.
After graduating from Southwest Baptist, Nick became a certified public accountant while practicing for BKD, LLP in Springfield, Missouri.
Nick is admitted to practice in all Missouri state courts and the United States District Court for the Western and Eastern District of Missouri. Nick is a member of the Missouri Bar, American Association for Justice, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, and Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association. Nick specializes in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, commercial litigation, and product liability.
Year Joined Organization:
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2019-2023
- US News Best Lawyers Ones to Watch: 2021 – 2023
- The National Trial Lawyer Top 40 under 40: 2019 – 2023
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly: Legal Champion 2023
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly: Top Plaintiff’s Verdict 2021
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly: Top Judgment 2021
US News Best Lawyers Ones to Watch: 2021 - 2022
Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2019-2021
Other Professional Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant
Past Employment Positions
- Baird, Lightner, Millsap, & Harpool – Clerk
- Von Erdmannsdorff, Mowry & Bartlett – Clerk
- The Honorable Ortrie D. Smith, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri – Intern
- BKD, LLP – Tax Associate
B.S: Accounting & Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude Southwest Baptist University - University2008
Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law - Graduate School2012