The holidays are nearly here! While the holidays are a fun and special time to celebrate with family and friends, it is unfortunately also a time where many opportunities are presented for crimes to be committed, including theft, drunk driving, and more. As many people gear up to celebrate, it is important to keep safety in mind so that you and your loved ones can enjoy all the happiness the season has to offer.
Driving Safety Tips
- Never leave your car running while unoccupied or when children are inside.
- If possible, avoid driving alone or at night.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times, and do not approach your vehicle alone if there are suspicious people in the area.
- Do not leave valuables of packages on the seat of your car – lock them out of sight in the trunk.
- Be sure to locate your keys before you get to your car.
- Park as close as you can to your destination.
- Keep a secure hold on your purse, keys, and holiday purchases.
Shopping Safety Tips
- Whenever possible, do your shopping during the day
- Visiting an ATM? Be aware of any suspicious persons in the area. Shield the keypad when entering your PIN and do not throw away your receipt at the ATM location.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Use a credit or debit card when possible.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Be extra careful when carrying a purse or wallet, as these are prime targets for thieves.
Attending Holiday Parties
- Avoid consuming alcohol on an empty stomach
- Never drink and drive. Arrange for an alternate way home.
Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. wishes you a safe and happy holiday season!
Seeking a Personal Injury Lawyer in Springfield?
The Springfield personal injury attorneys at Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. have more than 45 years of experience advocating on behalf of those who have suffered injury through no fault of their own. Our firm is able to assist clients with a wide variety of cases, including car accidents, premises liability accidents, and more. If you are seeking personal injury representation after an accident caused by the negligence of another, please consult with a member of our legal team to learn more about your rights to pursue compensation.
Contact us today at (417) 855-2022 to get started.