Some lawyers will tell you there’s an “average” settlement amount for a certain type of accident and/or injury. This is untrue. For one, the context of an accident can affect how much the at-fault party has to pay. Second, variation among human anatomy means a certain injury could affect different people in different ways. When you are suing for compensation, you don’t want an “average” amount. You want the amount you need and deserve for the damages you have faced.
If you want a fair settlement, you need a good attorney on your side. The team at Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. has been fighting for accident victims in and around Springfield for over 45 years. For each case, we gather a team of attorneys and consultants as needed to make sure no stone is left unturned. If you’re talking to another firm that doesn’t give you the same quality treatment, “average” may be all you can hope for.
Here Are the Largest Truck Accident Payouts
Because trucks may be 20 to 30 times bigger than passenger cars, they can cause catastrophic destruction. They are also more likely than passenger cars to be involved in deadly multi-car accidents. Here are the verdicts and settlements lawyers have secured in cases of wrongful death across the country:
- $281 million, when a veteran was killed by a truck’s drive shaft when it detached from the truck body and fell through the victim’s window.
- $280 million, after a grandmother, her sister, her adult daughter, and her two grandchildren were killed in a head-on accident after a truck driver fell asleep at the wheel.
- $80 million, for a multi-vehicle crash where a tractor-trailer rolled over two cars, killing 5 and injuring 2 others. The driver was likely distracted or drowsy at the time.
- $54 million, when a driver who had been fired for dangerous driving more than once in his past was in a deadly head-on collision with 2 other cars
- $40 million, after a “student” driver at the trucking company collided head-on with a car after crossing four lanes of traffic and a median.
What Affects the Size of a Settlement?
When determining the amount to request in a truck accident settlement, your attorney should consider both economic and non-economic damages. We can help you understand how much your case is worth by considering factors such as:
- Medical and funeral expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Property damage
- Pain & suffering
- Punitive damages
You need a strong advocate to argue your case—whether in a negotiation with an insurer or in front of a jury.
An Experienced Legal Team Can Help Maximize Your Claim
Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. has helped the families of those who were killed in accidents recover the compensation they need as a financial safety net. In fact, we’ve returned over $7 billion to our clients, out of the pockets of negligent companies or other parties. We understand that you don’t just need legal support after an accident—you need someone who is truly on your side.
Every case is different, and no lawyer can guarantee results, but our team works with clients in situations where we believe we can make a difference. Each case we take is assigned 2 attorneys, a nurse paralegal, and other support staff to ensure our team fully understands the impact of the accident on your life. If you want to pursue maximum compensation, ask us how we can help you.
Reach out to our truck accident lawyers at (417) 855-2022 to schedule a free consultation.