When you take out an insurance policy for property, health, or life insurance benefits, you have a right to receive benefits promptly when you file a legitimate claim. The insurance industry has expended a great deal of money and lobbying efforts to ensure that there is no single federal agency that oversees their policy and benefits practices.
The result has been that Missouri is required to oversee bad faith insurance practices, which gives the insurance industry lobbyists more personal and direct access and influence.
Fortunately, the experienced Springfield bad faith insurance lawyers of Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. can help you fight back against denied and partially paid claims.
We have over 45 years of experience and have obtained over $7 billion on behalf of our clients.Let Our Team Protect Your Rights
What Is Insurance Bad Faith?
Insurance companies act in bad faith when they fail to honor the contracts their clients have signed. Our Missouri bad faith insurance attorneys can help you fight back against bad faith practices such as:
- Failing to act or to respond promptly to a policyholder’s claim
- Failing to establish a policy of prompt investigation of claims
- Failing to pay or deny claims within time after policyholder has submitted all required proof of loss information has been submitted
- Forcing policyholders to file litigation in order to receive benefits
- Attempting to settle a claim for less than a reasonable person might be expected to receive for covered damages
- Denying claims without first conducting an investigation of the damages
- Informing a policyholder of the company’s policy to appeal arbitration awards, in an effort to get the claimant to accept a low settlement offer
This is just an abbreviated list of some of the bad faith insurance practices that are common. If you have been experiencing unfair tactics like these while seeking an insurance settlement, it may be time to take legal action.
If you feel that you have a legitimate bad faith insurance claim for these or other reasons, our Springfield insurance bad faith attorneys are ready to take your case.
If you feel that you have been the victim of the bad faith insurance of your insurance company, contact our offices at (417) 855-2022 to schedule a free consultation.
A History of ExcellenceOur firm was established in 1976 and has a history of obtaining exceptional results. Since opening our firm we have obtained over $7 billion in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
A History of Quality CounselOur team of attorneys is passionate about helping people and has been ranked by their peers and colleagues among the top trial lawyers for the past three generations.
A History of Innovative StrategiesWhen you work with us you get our state-of-the-art technology. Using our modern technology, we can create tests, reconstructions, animations, illustrations, and exhibits in order to explain even the most complicated cases to juries and judges.
A History of DedicationAt Stong-Garner-Bauer we pride ourselves on delivering quality representation that targets the unique needs of your case. Every case has a team of dedicated and experienced individuals working towards the best possible outcome.