Springfield Car Accident Lawyers
Representing Car Accident Victims Across Missouri
Are you looking for an experienced car accident lawyer in Springfield, Missouri, to handle your auto accident case? At Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C., we have been fighting to recover maximum compensation for our clients since 1976. In that time, we have recovered more than $7 billion in verdicts and settlements, including more than 100 cases over $1 million each. While we cannot guarantee a future case result based on the past, our past results instill confidence in our clients and worry in our opposition.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
The sudden shock of being involved in a car accident can leave your head spinning. When the dust settles, the cause of the accident may be revealed to be a perfectly avoidable and unnecessary driver error. Driver error is a broad classification of mistakes, so we must investigate what the other driver did wrong.
Some of the most common examples of driver error that can cause car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: When driving, a motorist needs to pay full attention to the road and the traffic conditions around them. Looking at a smartphone for even a few seconds can directly cause a violent car accident.
- Drunk driving: Intoxicated motorists have been one of the leading causes of car accidents in Missouri for decades. It is incredibly frustrating because it is so simple for a driver not to drink and drive. We can work with local police investigators and officers to learn if the other driver was drunk when they hit you.
- Poor roadway design: Were you in a single-vehicle accident that you know was caused by a defect with the road? Let us know. We can investigate the road and possibly call on civil engineers for further insight. It might be possible to sue the city for failing to maintain the road properly.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists (UM/UIM): All motorists in Missouri must carry adequate and current auto insurance, but not all of them do. Approximately 12% of all drivers have no insurance. Another more significant percentage has minimal insurance coverage, so they might be unable to pay for all of your damages after a crash. Our attorneys know how to handle complex UM/UIM accident cases in a way that maximizes the compensation available to you.
- Failing to signal a lane change properly: Sometimes, the worst accidents are caused by the simplest mistakes, such as failing to use a signal when changing lanes, turning, or merging. “Honest mistakes” do not remove liability from the negligent driver.
- Tailgating: Following too closely to the car in front of you will dramatically increase the risk of a car accident. Tell us if you had to brake or come to an unexpected stop, and a tailgating driver slammed into you.
Why Choose Our Missouri Car Accident Lawyers?
At Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C., you get more than just a lawyer. When you choose our firm to represent you, you will hire an entire team to work on your case. You will also get the full support and resources of one of the most recognized trial practice firms in personal injury litigation in Missouri.
There are many reasons to choose us to represent you:
- We’ve recovered $7 billion for our clients since 1976.
- We utilize state-of-the-art courtroom technology.
- We are not a claims mill – we take a personalized approach to each case.
- We are listed among the Best Law Firms in America®.
Each of our Springfield car accident attorneys has full access to the experience and knowledge of our team of lawyers, paralegals, client service staff, full-time nurses, and technology specialists. Your attorney may also call on the testimony and advice of a network of car accident investigators and professional medical and forensic experts to determine cause and liability. The bottom line is that we can go above and beyond what you expect to make the most of your claim.
Significant Auto Accident Verdicts & Settlements
- $24,476,904 - Defective vehicle design
- $15,000,000 verdict – Bicyclist hit by motorist
- $13,027,000 settlement – Auto vs. truck accident
- $11,000,000 verdict – Defective Ford seat back
- $8,000,000 settlement – Car accident claim
- $6,900,000 settlement – Wreck caused paraplegia
Schedule a meeting with our car accident lawyers in Springfield today!
Is It Worth Getting an Attorney for A Car Accident?
An attorney can help you obtain the best outcome possible for your case after suffering injuries in an accident. Not only are our attorneys skilled in negotiation, they have years of experience pursuing justice in the legal system as well as investigating car accident claims.
Additionally, our team knows the ins and outs of Missouri car accident and negligence laws. There are many pitfalls car accident victims can fall into that our team can inform you of. For example, car accident injuries are different than other injuries covered by personal injury law in that they are most often soft tissue injuries. These types ofc injuries are injuries that affect the tendons, ligaments and muscles, such as whiplash. Like whiplash, these types of injuries typically progressively get worse over a few days or even weeks after the injury occurred.
Because of this, many car injury victims sign a compensation agreement with an insurance company before talking to a lawyer only to discover later that their injuries are worse than they initially believed but are no longer able to recover any additional compensation to cover their additional costs. Our firm offers free, no obligation consultations so you have nothing to lose by contacting our firm today!
Were you injured in a car accident due to someone else's negligence? Call Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. today at (417) 855-2022 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our car accident attorney in Springfield!
How long do I have to file a personal injury case in Missouri?Every state has a time limit for how long you have to file a personal injury claim called the statute of limitations. In Missouri, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is five years from the date the injury occurred or could have been reasonably discovered. If you fail to file your personal injury lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires then the defendant will most certainly file a motion to dismiss the case.
What does a personal injury lawyer do?
Personal injury lawyers are legal experts dedicated to helping those who have been injured in an accident navigate the complex issues on their road to recovery. They specialize in tort law, protecting the rights of victims and ensuring they receive compensation for their suffering.
$6.7 Billion Big Tobacco Settlement
$38.0 Million Business Fraud
$28.9 Million Medical Malpractice
Filing a Claim for Bodily Injury After an Auto Accident
Making a bodily injury claim requires an individual to receive medical treatment for an injury stemming from the accident. If an individual does not seek medical attention promptly, they will not be considered injured under the law, and there will be no grounds for a bodily injury claim.
After receiving treatment, you should talk to the insurance adjuster to receive compensation for your injuries. To receive compensation, you must prove that you received medical treatment, usually by presenting medical records.
Unfortunately, receiving fair compensation from an insurance company is not always easy. Some bodily injury claims require legal battles. In this case, it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced bodily injury attorney who can help protect your legal rights.
Fatal Car Accident Claims
Our Springfield auto accident lawyers at Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. provide compassionate representation to those who have lost family members in fatal auto accidents on Missouri roads. If a negligent driver has taken the life of your loved one, we invite you to contact our firm to speak with an attorney about a potential wrongful death claim. While no money can ever undo the damage done to your family, a successful wrongful death lawsuit can compensate you for any out-of-pocket expenses your family incurred due to the accident.
A wrongful death lawsuit may compensate you for the following damages:
- Medical expenses leading up to the death.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- Pain and suffering of the deceased prior to death.
- Value of wages and benefits the deceased would have likely earned if they had lived.
- Loss of consortium, guidance, and support.
Missouri Car Accident Statistics
According to crash records from the Missouri Department of Transportation, there were 1,004 traffic fatalities across the state in 2021. This number is a 3% increase from 2020 and marks the first time that total traffic fatalities exceeded 1,000 since 2006. The increase also stopped a steady decline in accidents, dropping even before the coronavirus pandemic removed many drivers from the road throughout 2020.
A Missouri DOT spokesperson reported that a major factor in many of the worst accidents was a lack of seatbelt use. 66% of fatalities were suffered by people who did not have a seatbelt when the crash occurred. Another concerning factor was cellphone distraction, which seemed to have increased in 2021, but no concrete data was presented.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer Today
We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay us unless we make a recovery. We may also call on the testimony and advice of investigators, medical experts, and forensic experts to determine the full extent of your injuries and the parties who may be held liable. We can help you pursue justice, so contact our Missouri car accident lawyers today.
Contact Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. today to schedule a FREE consultation with our Springfield car accident lawyer!
A History of DedicationAt Stong-Garner-Bauer we pride ourselves on delivering quality representation that targets the unique needs of your case. Every case has a team of dedicated and experienced individuals working towards the best possible outcome.
A History of Innovative StrategiesWhen you work with us you get our state-of-the-art technology. Using our modern technology, we can create tests, reconstructions, animations, illustrations, and exhibits in order to explain even the most complicated cases to juries and judges.
A History of Quality CounselOur team of attorneys is passionate about helping people and has been ranked by their peers and colleagues among the top trial lawyers for the past three generations.
A History of ExcellenceOur firm was established in 1976 and has a history of obtaining exceptional results. Since opening our firm we have obtained over $7 billion in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.