At Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C., we help families rebuild their lives after an injury or the loss of a loved one in a trucking wreck. Our Missouri truck accident lawyers are recognized throughout the region for their top-tier legal advocacy and their commitment to making highways safer. When you work with us, you will have decades of experience working for you.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- We have more than 45 years of collective experience
- We have secured over $7 billion in compensation
- We have helped hundreds of accident victims
- We were named to The Best Lawyers in America®
We have over 45 years of experience and have obtained over $7 billion on behalf of our clients.Let Our Team Protect Your Rights
Our “No Recovery, No Fee” Policy
Our truck accidents lawyers in Springfield take cases on a contingency fee basis, which means any expense related to investigating, developing, and presenting your case for trial come out of your settlement, so you don’t have to worry about up-front costs.
This includes the cost of using independent professionals and experts to help us present the strongest and clearest case possible to win in court. If you don’t recover compensation through a settlement offer or a jury award in court, you won't be asked to pay attorney’s fees.
Our Truck Accident Verdicts & Settlements
- $13,027,000.00 Settlement - client was seriously hurt in a truck accident.
- $5,600,000.00 Settlement – client was hit by a commercial vehicle.
- $4,250,000.00 Settlement – truck accident resulting in a head injury.
- $3,650,000.00 Settlement – truck accident resulting in death.
- $3,500,000.00 Settlement – client was killed in trucking accident.
- $2,800,000.00 Settlement – elderly client suffered a head injury.
What are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Every year, commercial truck accidents cause hundreds of deaths in Missouri, not to mention more than 3,000 injuries. Because of their weight and size, large trucks cannot stop, turn, or slow down like smaller vehicles. When a commercial truck collides with a passenger vehicle at high speeds, the results are often catastrophic.
The top causes of 18-wheeler accidents includes:
At Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C., our firm has, for over 45 years, been fighting for justice in a variety of cases, many of which were truck accidents. In that time, we have secured over $7 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Contact the attorneys at Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. at (417) 855-2022 for a free case evaluation.
How to Prove Liability in a Missouri Truck Accident
Proving that you are not responsible for a trucking accident can be challenging, especially if you do not have all possible information about the wreck. Indeed, in many commercial truck wrecks, the trucking company has access to four key pieces of evidence or information that the injured motorist does not. Not openly sharing those sources of information is in the interest of the trucking company. Getting them to share is part of trucking accident claims 101.
Our attorneys can help you obtain the following evidence for your case:
- Electronic on-board recorder (EOBR): Many commercial trucks of today have electronic on-board recorders, similar to an airplane. Advanced EOBR models can track a truck’s speed at the time of a crash. Most models will note whether or not the truck driver has been taking appropriate breaks to prevent exhaustion. In either situation, the data on the EOBR can be incredibly useful to show the motorist’s liability should be reduced or eliminated entirely.
- Trucker’s driving history: The parent trucking company could be at fault if its internal employee records show their truck driver has a history of poor driving and crashes. In some cases, it might even be revealed that the trucker has run into problems with the law for intoxicated driving. You should get a copy of the trucker’s driving history so you can look for any indicators of recklessness, both of the driver and the company.
- Truck maintenance logs: Every commercial truck requires extensive maintenance to be safe for the roads, or else a mechanical defect could cause an abrupt loss of control and an accident. Trucking companies are certain to have truck maintenance logs stored away that can show if maintenance has been performed appropriately and at responsible intervals. If no such records exist, it can reasonably be assumed that no maintenance has been performed lately.
- Dash cam footage of the wreck and of the truck driver at the time of the wreck.
Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. has 45+ years of collective experience working complex and high-stakes personal injury claims on behalf of our clients. If you have been hurt by a negligent truck driver, we can help you form your case. We know the necessary steps to collect any and all relevant and helpful information from the liable party, such as EOBR data, and how to use it to empower your claim.
Fatal Truck Accident Claims
Every year in Missouri, hundreds of people are killed on Missouri roads in accidents involving large commercial trucks. In addition, more than 3,000 drivers and passengers of cars and light vehicles were injured in semi-tractor trailer accidents. Trucking accidents don’t often leave room for lucky escapes and near misses. Unfortunately, when an 18-wheeler and a car collide at highway speeds, injury and wrongful death are often the result.
A successful claim may provide compensation for out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident, including medical bills leading up the death, the pain and suffering of the deceased prior to death, funeral and burial costs, loss of companionship, loss of wages and benefits, and more. Since each case is different, we invite you to speak with a member of our team about the potential value of your case.
We offer free consultations
We are ready to put this knowledge and experience to work for your case. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
The aftermath of a truck accident can be incredibly overwhelming – injuries sustained from these types of accidents are typically severe and require long term medical car and assistance. The costs associated with such treatments can add up and create a heavy financial burden. At Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C., you can place your trust in our hands – let us handle the legal aspects of your case so you can take care of yourself and your family.
In Missouri, some of the damages you may be able to recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income and/or earning capacity
- Lost wages
Our Springfield truck accident attorneys help people like you get the money they deserve. If you were hurt in a truck wreck, contact Strong-Garner-Bauer P.C. today.
A History of ExcellenceOur firm was established in 1976 and has a history of obtaining exceptional results. Since opening our firm we have obtained over $7 billion in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
A History of Quality CounselOur team of attorneys is passionate about helping people and has been ranked by their peers and colleagues among the top trial lawyers for the past three generations.
A History of Innovative StrategiesWhen you work with us you get our state-of-the-art technology. Using our modern technology, we can create tests, reconstructions, animations, illustrations, and exhibits in order to explain even the most complicated cases to juries and judges.
A History of DedicationAt Stong-Garner-Bauer we pride ourselves on delivering quality representation that targets the unique needs of your case. Every case has a team of dedicated and experienced individuals working towards the best possible outcome.